Hours of work: Full Time
Responsible to: Co-founder
Work base: The position will be home-based (UK)
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract (with the potential to extend to a permanent position)
Start Date: November 2020 (can be negotiated for the right candidate)
Project Cluck-it is the codename for an audacious vegan food brand launching in January 2021. We’re aiming to be the Banksy of the food industry: rebellious, playful and empowering a food revolution that will capture the attention of a mainstream flexitarian audience.
You’ll be working with Matthew Glover (Co-Founder of Veganuary, and Managing Director of Veg Capital) and Adam Lyons (an award-winning restauranteur and chef).
With a ‘f*ck meat, eat plants’ attitude we’ll be using bold digital and print advertising to reduce animal suffering, protect our planet and introduce people to some of the best-tasting plant-based food in existence (modest, aren’t we!)
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist to join our team in the U.K. to help manage our social media presence across all of our platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
With online engagement a key deliverable of our company’s strategy, your role as Social Media Specialist will be an integral part of growing Project Cluck-it’s audience, encouraging sales and increasing customer engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a mission-driven start-up at ground zero and build a game-changing company. The role holds tremendous potential for an experienced digital marketer to join an ethical business that aligns with their values. The right candidate will be a key team member in a rapidly growing business.
Reporting to the Co-Founder (Matthew Glover), the Social Media Specialist is responsible for:
- Implementing the social media strategy for Project Cluck-it in association with the senior management team
- Managing the social media channels to maximise impact and delivery against the company’s objectives, including posting/scheduling content and writing title/copy
- Listening and responding to influencers and engaged audience members and strengthening relationships with key organisations and individuals
- Overseeing and developing a content plan:
- creating engaging and high quality graphic and video content
- instructing and managing video editors and designers for more complex content
- Monitoring industry trends and platform updates to improve and optimize Project Cluck-it’s social media strategies
- Tracking insights and social media analytics and writing regular, detailed reports for the Co-Founders on target progress, including updates on follower statistics, high/low-performing posts, trends and engagement
- Protecting and enhancing the brand’s reputation at all times, responding strategically to feedback and comments in line with the company’s policies and moderation standards
Undertake any other tasks commensurate with the requirements and skills and competency base of the post.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable track record of using social media channels to drive engagement, conversions and change behaviour
- In depth, up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing best practice
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience in content planning and creating engaging social media content
- Previous experience working within the animal protection movement and/or FMCG food marketing in the U.K.
- Ability to discover, engage, and cultivate social media relationships
- Very well-organised and attentive to detail
- Experience using social media management tools, such as Sprout Social, and experience with Facebook Ad Manager is desirable, but not essential
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter, of no more than 500 words, that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Project Cluck-it?
- What will you bring to our company?
Please email these to email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 2 November 2020. We are keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Project Cluck-it is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of the team.